If you’ve heard about massage chairs, there’s no way you haven’t heard about Shiatsu massage chairs.
That’s right! Shiatsu massage chairs are exceptionally popular in the world of massage chairs.
Needless to say, they’re famous for a reason.
Are you tired of your robotic routine?
Do you feel like you need a break after a long and hectic day at work?
Are sick of that lethargic body?
Whatever is the case, a Shiatsu massage chair is your best friend. The effect of added relaxation, as well as sheer comfort, is what makes a Shiatsu massage chair different from them all.
So if you’re looking to purchase a new massage chair, make sure to learn everything about Shiatsu massage chairs before you finally make a decision.
In this article today, I’ll address everything there is to know about a Shiatsu massage chair. So ready, set, go.
What is Shiatsu?
Originated from Japan, Shiatsu is one of the most famous massage therapies out there. The name of Shiatsu is derived from a Japanese word, which means ‘finger pressure.’
In a Shiatsu body massage therapy, the pressure is applied to specific points of the body that may trigger pain, soreness, or fatigue.
While having a Shiatsu chair massage therapy, the rollers and vibrators would particularly target all the pain-inducing areas of your body, moving from one to another.
The entire process would eventually leave you refreshed and de-stressed. What else do you need after all?
Looking back at history, you can find the roots of Shiatsu massage therapy in traditional Chinese medicine. However, Shiatsu massage therapies are now practiced commonly across the globe.
Almost every high-end massage chair manufacturer has installed a Shiatsu massage feature in their massage chairs these days. Why? Well, it is one therapy with countless benefits, which makes it worthwhile.
How Does a Shiatsu Massage Chair Work?
Here comes another looming question, how does a Shiatsu massage chair work really?
Well, a Shiatsu massage chair works by the techniques used in acupressure. It involves rotating, stretching, and pressing the body with the help of vibrators and rollers.
The stretching and pressure application helps in relieving physical stress and tension. Whereas rotating the body provides you with a restoration effect while reducing depression, anxiety, body aches, and muscle tension in the meantime.
A Shiatsu massage chair works on the basic principles of Chinese medicine, which states that life energy flows and moves through various channels of your body.
In the case of an aching body part, the particular body channel is clogged. The Shiatsu massage chair rollers then help to ease the clogged blocks of the body with the help of tapping and vibrating, and provide ultimate relaxation.
Apart from that, there is lots of stretching involved in a Shiatsu chair massage therapy. It is said that stretching can help loosen the tight muscles and knots in your body.
Again, it is something that refreshes your body, relieves the stress, and helps you unwind.
Most of the Shiatsu massage chairs come with airbag technology. The airbags help with stretching your body by strategically bounding you with the massage chair.
Amazing, right? The philosophy behind a Shiatsu massage chair is simple. It is all about your comfort and relaxation at the end of the day.
Benefits of Shiatsu Chair Massage Therapy
Are you wondering what makes a Shiatsu massage chair the best? What the hype is all about?
Why are people in awe of a Shiatsu massage chair?
Such questions may seem complicated, but the simple answer to all of them would be ‘because a Shiatsu massage chair brings a massive number of physical and psychological benefits.’
Let me explain to you how a Shiatsu massage chair benefits your physical and emotional wellbeing.
And the list goes on… It is surprising how Shiatsu massage chairs can make such a big difference in your life. Thereby, it won’t be wrong if you make a Shiatsu massage chair a regular part of your life.
Yet, regardless of all the benefits, make sure not to overuse the massage chair. It can affect you negatively, keep that in mind.
A Few Highly Recommended Shiatsu Massage Chairs
Now that I have established how a Shiatsu massage chair can help you physically and psychologically, let’s have a look at some of the best Shiatsu massage chairs in the markets.
- 2020 Updating favor 03 plus: Add Bluetooth audio play and changing Led light, 6 auto modes, more functional and...
- Zero Gravity: One button zero-gravity design, feel virtually weightless.Built in heater to lower back and foot.
- Full Body Masage: 8 massage neck back rollers, 50 airbags placed to the shoulders, arms, hips, calves, and feet, lower...
- Ideal S L-track zero gravity massage chair has one of the longest tracks in the industry. This full body massage...
- Smart 3D massage chair with Auto height detection. Lay back and let the smart 3D scan customize each massage to the...
- Rolling Foot Massage (electronic rollers under the foot sooth and massage your aching-tired feet) Calf acupressure...
- DEAL - Upgraded as 03/01/2018 – Triple Hip airbags, Revised remote controller to more user friendly, air intensity...
- [Total 9 Auto programs including 4 special programs] 5 Auto programs - Yoga Stretching, Fast Recovery, Pain Relief,...
- A progressive Kahuna chair SM-7300 collaborated with top performing technology embedded with variety of different...
- 【R ROTHANIA MASSAGE CHAIR QUALITY & INNOVATION】: From top quality soft grained synthetic leather to enhance your...
- 【BUTTLOCK I-TRACKING MASSAGE SYSTEM】: The rollers glide from the upper back all the way down under the waist ....
- 【AIRBAG MASSAGE TECHNOLOGY】: Uniquely designed airbags are programmed to inflate/deflate separately which causes the...
- INTELLIGENT BODY SCAN & 2ND GENERATION CONTOURED L-TRACK SYSTEM (50 Inches) - 2nd Gen. body scanning technology and this...
- 3 STAGE ZERO GRAVITY POSITIONS -You can recline from 115° to 160° to your perfect zero gravity positions ** 7 AUTO...
- AIR MASSAGE SYSTEM (42 Total Air Bags) with HEAT THERAPY - Air massage system for your located in the arms, shoulder,...
- [DOCTOR-BASED] - The ONLY massage chair designed by over 25 doctors, surgeons, chiropractors, and pain specialists.
- [UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION] - Recline as far or as little as you want, choose your massage mode from the remote, and...
- [MEDICAL BODY SCAN] – When you first sit in the chair, it will scan your body to perfectly customize the position of...
So many options, eh? While visiting the markets, you’ll find a vast variety of Shiatsu massage chairs, each one coming with its own distinctive features. At the end of the day, everything comes down to what you need and like. It’s as simple as that.
No wonder due to the restorative benefits of Shiatsu massage chairs, they’re on top of their fame game. I hope my guide is going to help you connect all the dots regarding Shiatsu massage chairs in your mind. Please read it thoroughly and make an informed decision. Good day, pals!